Kutcha's 40 breeder build

kutcha

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
ok so here it is my 40 breeder that i set up i wont go into much depth since i have already setup the tank and it is running

here are some pictures of the tank before i got it wet the sump/refuge has acually changed since this picture the skimmer is on the smaller side with the overflow pipe to help prevent micro bubble i put filter cotton in the bubble trap to prevent bubbles all together from getting over to the return pump/refuge so i have some rock in the same section as my return were my pods are being populated

here is a picture of my rock curing it went through its cycle in this bin before it even touched the tank

here is a picture of my IT-2060 and my screens in the tank

theis RO/DI maker is awesome i tested the water wit hmy TDS meter and it was 0ppm

my sexy new pumps the reason why i am selling my tunze pump/controller

kutcha

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member

finally got around to hard plumbing the tank i even hard plumbed the return where i usually soft plump a foot or so before hard plumbing

kutcha

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member

these were the first fish i got they stayed in QT for 3 weeks while i monitored them after three weeks they were released into the DT

here is a picture of my rockwork it took me a little fiddling around to find a rockscape i liked

ORA frogskin Acro

duncans

blowpop zoas
here are some picture of corals i picked up keep in mind the duncans and frogskin are closed up because they had just been coral dipped the picture of the blowpops is of the colony before i got my 20 head frag

I have recently moved my pair of ocellaris clownfish from the QT were they spent the last three weeks being observed to the DT

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Look like blowpops to me... Especially since there are so many. Blowpops are like herpes.....

kutcha

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
ok so i got a few pieces since my last update i got a great deal on a oregon tort frag (more of a mini colony) it is pretty stressed out right now i just got it last night dipped it and glued it belive it or not it has more color then it did last night so that is a good sign

kutcha

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
update on corals

ORA Frogskin Acro

my Zoa Greenbay Packers morph

my Duncans just moving in the flow

and a couple of shots of the purple digi i picked up from Bush a week or so back again THANK YOU!!

The white part of the purple digi was there when i got this piece it has not gotten worse if anything it is getting better so no worries there

kutcha

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
here are a few picture of the zoas i picked up from MBC not that great of pics sorry ill try with the good camera later

purple fairy dust zoas

TERRIBLE picture but tyree rastas

and pink zipper zoas

kutcha

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
So i was thinking about it and even though i dont have pictures yet ill make a list of all the corals i have in my tank

armor of god Zoas
Devils Armor Zoas
pink and gold Palys
tyree rasta zoas
purple fairy dust zoas
sunny D Zoas
pink zipper zoas
greenbay packer zoas
radioactive green dragon eye zoas
Dusty Diamond zoas
like 3 or 4 more types of zoas i dont know the names of
ORA Frogskin acro
ORA rose acropora millepora
purple digi
Oregon Tort
forest fire digi
strawberry shortcake acro
purple monti
bonsai acro
green/pink birdsnest
Seriatopora Guttatus base is like a red orange with the polyps being darker
RBTA
duncans
montipora stellata
Tabling green acro
Tri color Acro

Last edited by a moderator:

kutcha

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
a few pictures of some new things

ok are these fire and ice or ring of fire?

sun coral we just got from bush

SCOLY we just got from bush it will be a few weeks before it really colors up and starts to pop

well like i said my RBTA has tripled in size since i got it

FTS