Large Galaxea Colony

My galaxea colony is getting too big for my tank. It's slightly smaller than a basketball right now. I want to cut it into 4 for frags to DBTC, but I don't know how. Does anyone have a bandsaw, or another suggestion on how to frag this guy? I'd give you a large piece of it, and offer up the remaining ones here.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
IM sure if you took it to Vince @ Great White he or Fred woudl cut it up for you on their saw (might have to leave them a small chunk for services but..) :p

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
FoCoAquarist;319150 said:
Ok. The frags are cut! (Thanks Seth). I have 4 frags left
How much?

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Balz3352;319281 said:
Build thread...... And we love pictures
Thats my only problem, no idea how to create that. I assume I go under my profile somewhere? Also have a mac not sure how to load pictures from my phone to the mac.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Yep, we just encourage you to be an active participant in the community and once the frag grows out to a point that you can frag you then pass it along to others in the club.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
SilverSurfer;319283 said:
Thats my only problem, no idea how to create that. I assume I go under my profile somewhere? Also have a mac not sure how to load pictures from my phone to the mac.
As far as doing a build thread, this is the section where you can create your own thread for your tank(s) http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?72-Tank-Builds
What kind of phone do you have? most phone you can just hook up to the comp and then find them in the pictures directory and copy to the comp. With an iphone you can do it through itunes as well.
There are multiple ways to get pics onto the site after that. The best way is to use a photobucket account but you can also use dropbox or even upload them to the forum directly.

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
SilverSurfer;319283 said:
Under Reefkeeping bottom of the section tank builds.... Make your own thread! That easy!

I also use tapatalk almost exclusively. Easy to upload pictures straight from your phone

Last edited by a moderator:

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
galaxyS4

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;319284 said:
Yep, we just encourage you to be an active participant in the community and once the frag grows out to a point that you can frag you then pass it along to others in the club.
+1, but it doesn't necessarily have to be form the same frag. If you have another type of coral that is growing real well that you want to frag, you could pass on of those on to someone else as well. More or less, just make sure if you accept a DBTC that you pay forward at least an equal value of coral to others.

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hate to ask but how do I add images? Technically challenged lol.