LED Lighting for 34g Red Sea

Chuzzler

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
Does anyone have a suggestion on most efficient and cost effective reef capable LED lighting options for my 34g Red Sea? It's 18" deep with 23" x 15" surface area. LPS/SPS, acro/mono, Bubble Tip Anemone...

I was looking at the Kessil 10k Sky Blue Cannon, have heard that 1 of these was sufficient for a 29G BioCube, slightly more depth in the Red Sea 34. Would 1 of these work for me?

Other Suggestions in the Kessil price band?

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you're wanting to go premade you could also look into the AI units. A bit more but also more functions. You could also build one yourself for around the same price. Check out my build in the DIY section.

Have you seen the new 3W "green" led panels from aquatraders.com? They look nice and are low cost. I am looking at buying one to try to modify for my JBJ.

Chuzzler

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
Drew nice build. Not sure I have the time to pull something like that off. What is the cost estimate on something like that? If the difference is significant enough I would make the time.

Chuzzler

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
Steamboat - Just looked up the EVO 3W green panels. Inexpensive, trying to find reviews and not seeing much. Have you heard anyone with experience with them?

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
If there EVO I would get ahold of reefkoi he sales all that is EVO and can probably answer your questions.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea, I would do an Evo. I didn't have much choice but to DIY as my wife likes the hood on the BC. Price was more than an AI SOL. Lol

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aquatraders just started carrying the 3W LED lights a week or soago. It's cool how each LED has its own replaceable lens. Not sure how often you really need to change lenses on the LEDs, nevertheless seems like an interesting feature. A few months ago, I bought one of Aquatraders 20"T-5 lights for the sump. This fixture was well built and puts out a ton of light. I was more than impressed for a mere $50 -- including shipping.

MattL

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ask JGonzz, I have a similar set up and he hooked me up with my lighting. Plus he has some for a deal currently.

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you want to see a Kessil in action come by aquatic art today for retail hours we have 2 of them on our systems.