led ypgrade quetionsbout biocube 29

hi everyone,im new to this forum. im gonna be buying the biocube 29 very shortly and was looking into doing a led upgrade on it. i found a kit on ebay for 179.99 its a biocube 29 gallon led light kit w/ballast dimmable 36w it says it contains 12 3w leds 6 white and 6 blue. they are bridgelux leds from proled. i was wondering if anyone has heard of these and or have used these? and do you know if that will be enough lighting for corals, clams or anenomes? thank you for any help to my question.

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Call fishy business in Colorado springs he charges around that price 719-637-1159 tell him you were refered by MASC

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Double post

Last edited by a moderator:

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think the person with the most led experience on here would be IPsouth1978. He has used all kind of different led's and ways to power and dim them. Hopefully he will chime in and help answer some of your questions better.

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
kendog626;115590 said:
hi everyone,im new to this forum. im gonna be buying the biocube 29 very shortly and was looking into doing a led upgrade on it. i found a kit on ebay for 179.99 its a biocube 29 gallon led light kit w/ballast dimmable 36w it says it contains 12 3w leds 6 white and 6 blue. they are bridgelux leds from proled. i was wondering if anyone has heard of these and or have used these? and do you know if that will be enough lighting for corals, clams or anenomes? thank you for any help to my question.
I just installed the rapidled biocube 29 retro, but went with 28 cree's instead of the 20 it comes with. I have so much light I am running at 50%.

The dimmable kit is $225, and non-dimmable is $200. Personally, I like the Cree's much better than the bridgelux.

cool man thanks for the info. i looked up the rapidled kit and realy like it. i had one question. it says ill need a reef controller or potentiometers + 10V AC Adapter to run the dimmable drivers. did u have to use those and if u did do u have any pictures of what they are. and do they show u how to set those up? sorry but im new to this stuff. thanks

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You can buy the extra pot kit from rapid or you can get pots at radio shack. They are super easy to hook up.

hey asneiman, iwas looking at the instaliation guide for the rapidled kit for bc29. it says at the bottom of the installation guide that the two drivers will not fit in the hood. were u able to fit them? or if not where did u put them. can u show me some pics of your setup please. thanks

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes, I was able to get everthing to fit. I ended up using nanocustoms heatsink, because I wanted to go with 28 bulbs. But I don't think you need to worry about it, because the RapidLED heatsink is smaller.

I'll try to grab a picture of it, and post it this weekend.

BTW - I talked to Mike at RapidLED. He was great to work with, and answered a ton of questions I had.