Lighting, controller, and power head for a 120

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm starting a 120 here in a few months and working on my equipment list for it now.
I am going to be using either a 2x150 halide fixture or a 2x250 halide fixture with phoenix 14ks.

1) I'm thinking of using 3 Aquaray Aquabeam Double 600 Reef Blue but I haven't really seen much on these yet even though there's been some research on them suggesting they have highest PAR and PUR for LED lighting this was 5 years ago. Any suggestions or comments? I've also looked into Radions and a few other types of LEDS but these have stood out to me so far as to their higher par and pur ratings. I want to have the LEDS with the Halides for coral pop and additional PAR/PUR for coral growth.

2) Wavemakers: I am thinking of using 2 MP40wES. Is this overkill or sound about right for a 120 with mixed reef?

3) I've been looking at the differences between the Apex standard and the Reef Keeper Elite w Net. I want to be able to see when the tank params are starting to go out of wack and be able to check the tank params when I'm gone as well. So far from what I've researched they both allow you to do that. Am I missing something?
The benefit I'm seeing from the Apex is that it would allow me to control Radions if I got them and the MP40's as well, but I don't see why that would be needed as I want to keep things on the same schedule day-day for stability.

Thoughts? Thank-you in advance!

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Bump

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lighting, controller, and power head for a 120

I decided to go with 2 Aqua beam 2000 reef whites, 1 mp40wQD as the new ones that come out in March are 30% faster than the previous wES, and I think an apex. Thanks!