1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Live Autofeeder

Discussion in 'Foods - Coral, Fish, Anemones, and Inverts' started by MuralReef, Apr 20, 2016.

1. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

I am looking to add a couple of seahorses to the 40 breeder in the library. It has a healthy supply of pods in it already, but I am worried that adding a couple of seahorses might decimate those numbers and I am looking for an alternative. I have seen those live brine shrimp in tank feeders, but was wondering if anyone had something on a larger scale or another idea for a live feeder for in the tank.

2. sethsolomon

sethsolomon Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

mini fridge with a dosing pump and line from the tank into the fridge back into the tank to auto dose frozen. Check out what I did in my 104g tank.

3. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

I have seen plans for those but I always wondered about the food left in the line.

4. sethsolomon

sethsolomon Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

the food in the line is in the fridge so its a non issue. There is always water running from the tank into the fridge and then back to the tank.

5. Fitz19d

Fitz19d Sardine M.A.S.C Club Member

Check out RC. With the newer DOS pump and 2 way pump. Guy used a single bottle wine cooler thing to store food. It would pump a tiny amount of tank water into food resevoir to stir it up. Then meter it into tank, and finally a brief reverse to clear the line.

6. Legonch

Legonch Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

So you get a reservoir of some tank water, thaw out some frozen food in it, put that mixture in a mini fridge, run a dosing pump sucking water from the tank through the food mix, then into the tank?

So I could go on vacation for a week, and not worry about feeding my fish? If so, that is awesome!

7. Smiley

Smiley Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

why not build a satellite fuge? dont need squat for power consumption...

8. fiji4118

fiji4118 Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

Why so complicated? I have a pair of kuda in a 10g aio by themselves. Feed them mysis and reef frenzy daily. Just get tank raised so you can feed frozen

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

9. fiji4118

fiji4118 Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

Had them for over a year so far with no issues.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk