Local glass shop?

Jscwerve

Cleaner Shrimp
Anyone know of a good local glass shop where you can buy glass cut to specified dimentions? I'm building a new sump and I need the baffles. Or just a good place to purchase the glass, I can cut it my self if I have to.

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've just torn down old tanks. Nothing up here in Brighton. I know of an acrylic place if you want to go that route.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Go to edgewater glass ask for polished edges they will take care of you. You won't be the first to ask for this calling fish tank glass baffles so don't worry. I would recommend taking off 1/8" or 3/16" off each side - don't worry silicon will fill void.

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;n634996 said:
Go to edgewater glass ask for polished edges they will take care of you. You won't be the first to ask for this calling fish tank glass baffles so don't worry. I would recommend taking off 1/8" or 3/16" off each side - don't worry silicon will fill void.

Seems a lot easier than breaking down old fish tanks. Wish I would have known when I first started this hobby lol

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Denver glass also good

Jscwerve

Cleaner Shrimp
I'm way south, but I work downtown. I'll check out edgewater and Denver glass.

If I was going acrylic I would definitely be going back to plasticare, they are great, but I'm doing glass this time.

Thanks all!

ValG

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
If you are south check out Ken Caryl Glass. They are pretty much across the street from Aquatic Art. I've used them a few times.

Jscwerve

Cleaner Shrimp
ValG;n635053 said:
If you are south check out Ken Caryl Glass. They are pretty much across the street from Aquatic Art. I've used them a few times.
Not THAT is perfect! Thanks! It's on my way home from work. I live just south of there.