Looking for refract calibration fluid

Highway66

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Does anyone have any they can spare before i order?

I am getting frustrated with my digital refractometer and would like to see how accurate it is.

Highway66

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I routinely zero with rodi water but im looking for a known sample to check calibration. Most of what ive seen for sale is 1.026 sg. I did google how to make your own but i think ill try to beg or buy some first to eliminate "more " possible errors.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'll make a new batch for everyone and bring it to the November swap. Someone PLEASE drop me a reminder or bump this thread when we get close :)

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Seriously though...drop me a PM in a couple weeks for a reminder because work is CRAZY right now and I spend half my weekend on my dang laptop working :/

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
You going to the show Sunday? I can bring mine, if you wanna calibrate...

Highway66

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes, I am planning on being there; any help would be appreciated. I have one of the Milwaukee digital refractometers and I'm having a hard time believing it sometimes.

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
jahmic;331526 said:
Seriously though...drop me a PM in a couple weeks for a reminder because work is CRAZY right now and I spend half my weekend on my dang laptop working :/
reminder bump

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'll bring my fluid, so if any wants to calibrate against it, bring your device.

I had similar issues with a Hanna Digital refractometer myself, went back to optical...

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
FishTV;333009 said:
reminder bump
I'll try to make some in the morning. I don't have my standard solution anymore to test the new batch against though...so I may have to borrow Scott's to make sure mine is good to go before giving it out.