Looking for sewer line excavator plumber/qualified DIY'r. (Simpler job than it sounds

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
New house has a deflection on the sewer line from the S curvey pipe to the long straight out to the sewer. Only backing water and inch or two but is also draining into area around the disconnect. I was told likely not glued or bad glue when house built. (03)

It's 10 foot down near back right corner of front yard. Seems to be clear of sprinkler/tree if a long tiered trench was dug going to front left corner. (Vs cost of a trench wall)

Apex plumbing quoted job at 3k. Looking to do better. I do have someone local that does it for a living that would supervise my doing it myself, but I'd still prefer to pay someone else. (Only 1850 from home seller so far, trying to get them closer to that 3k.)

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dig it yourself with a hoe rental and have a plumber come it save alot

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Highway66

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
There are companies that do trenchless. They pull the new line through the old line. Always seemed like a great idea to me.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Highway66;299417 said:
There are companies that do trenchless. They pull the new line through the old line. Always seemed like a great idea to me.
But unfortunately that won't fix the sag in the line.
I did underground utilities for many years also did services off of main lines. Tbh 3k is a good price for the amount of work. Also if you get some do it yourself guy there and the trench fails you and your home owners insurance can and most likely will be liable. Hire a reputable company with insurance. Just my .02

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

reefkoi

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Yeah I did this for 14 years myself and 10' is no joke that's all disturbed soil it will cave as you dig it and can damage the water line as well don't try it yourself that's for sure lol