MACNA Logo

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
In an effort to organize topics by thread, here are my thoughts:

I like the CO license plate with the date below... that's cool. I think I'd like to see 9 for the month and 2014 for the year. Yes, I know that isn't 'technically' accurate, but it may work better for identity reasons.

Not sure that I like the Sun (yellow) in the C of MACNA... but maybe it will look better in a higher res.

Not wanting to mess up the clean look, but any chance we could get the Mandarin in there some how?? :)

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Is it the color / shade of yellow or the yellow all together?

I was trying to replicate the CO flag "C"

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
I think we will loose the license plate look if we do that.

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I like the idea of putting something 'in' the C one the plate... and I did understand what was trying to be done (re flag)... it just didn't work for me. Could we put something else, possibly fish themed in the C? Maybe a big drop of water coming out or a perched mandarin? You get the idea...... I really do like the license plate concept!

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Here are a couple of edits. If you open in adobe you shoud be able to turn the layers on and off using the buttons on the left of the screen. If we like the MASC logo I'll clean up the border so it doesn't stand out.

I have emailed Brent to try and get a logo that doesn't have the box around it. Just let me know what you guys like and we'll get this nailed down.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Rob just saw your post let me see what else I can come up with.

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Adding to my thoughts... I saw the state flag and the state name on the plate as redundant.... but hey, I'm a local.... maybe we could do one or the other?? Very cool ideas coming forth from you!!

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
amonchak;183672 said:
Here are a couple of edits. If you open in adobe you shoud be able to turn the layers on and off using the buttons on the left of the screen. If we like the MASC logo I'll clean up the border so it doesn't stand out.

I have emailed Brent to try and get a logo that doesn't have the box around it. Just let me know what you guys like and we'll get this nailed down.
On these, you should try and find a flag that waves, the one in the image looks really blocky. If anyone has any other ideas that aren't related to a license plate lets hear or see them :)

jonthefb

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
After seeing some mock ups, i have to agree with Rob, that having the CO license plate and the C in the MACNA as the CO flag, i also think its a little redundant.

as an aside, this license plate theme could also server as the backdrop for our badges, wether we had exhibitor, speaker, attendee, staff etc in the spot where the MACNA is...

just thoughts

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Keep all thoughts coming. I have not had a chance to try something different on the C yet but will see what i can have for the meeting this weekend.

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
jonthefb;183950 said:
as an aside, this license plate theme could also server as the backdrop for our badges, wether we had exhibitor, speaker, attendee, staff etc in the spot where the MACNA is...

just thoughts
I like that idea.... Name tags with the license plate logo would be cool... that gives us fun options to play with....

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
We went out and bought Adobe Photoshop 10 Elements today and I'm hoping to get it downloaded tomorrow or the next day. I'll do what I can to help out with the program, though I know that at some point we are going to hire someone to get everything done, don't be afraid to shoot out some ideas :)

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
My wife is a graphic designer by trade. I'm sure she'd love to do it and probably be cheaper than some big company. I can get her to throw some things together based on the current progress if you'd like.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Here is my first attemp, just added the waving flag instead of the block flag it had previously. I'll look at some of the other suggestions and see what I can come up with. Let me know what you think.