MACNA questions ANSWERED

jonthefb

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
OK folks, here it is. Please edit away. I dont know how formal we want the Bid document to be. I kind of like the way the Washington DC club addressed the bid and questions. What do you guys think? As per the meeting on Friday please review the answers by Wednesday the 29th of August and post suggestions/edits here!

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
#2 First actual meeting ever held was in late June 1998 with myself, Scott Passe (Spasse), Exocet (at his house in Denver with around 8 on total attendance) and I believe odenwell (we had a meeting at his house in 2009); and I found out yeserday one of our other current members was there though I am spacing on who. t was also initially a yahoo clubs club and we organized meetings and trades in that venue then moved over to reefcentral early in its history. The LFS that held early meetings was not key to the formation of the club. Not that that all needs to be included but I wanted to clarify our origins some especially now that ther aretwo active old members that remember those days.

Other than looks good also now that I have more free time again I can start to help more as needed.

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just did a quick read through..... well done!!
I'll do a red line read next... a couple of typos and minor updates, but overall I'd say it looks very nice.

Congrats gentlemen!!

jonthefb

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok so today, the 29th was supposed to be the final day for review of the questions by the committee. Did everyone have a chance to look over the document yet?

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've attached an edited doc with change bars enabled. Feel free to use or discard as you see fit.

Really well done!!!

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
jonthefb;187141 said:
Ok so today, the 29th was supposed to be the final day for review of the questions by the committee. Did everyone have a chance to look over the document yet?
Ha!!! Looks like we cross posted.... would have beat you but I was having issues with attach document thing. :)

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Here are my redlines. I used Word track changes so you can see what was changed. If you need help turning off track changes let me know.

One other thought was that all the committee memebers names should be listed in alphebetical order by last name. Also the bio for everyone is clearly written by separate people I think wit would flow better if one person rewrote all of the bio's so it is written the same.

Overall very nice and I think you fellas did a great job.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Well it appears that Rob and I were editing at the same time so each document will have to be used / or not used as the authors see fit!! Man 15 minutes ago this thread was busy. I guess some of the others may not have know about the deadline for review. Derek did you have a chance to review?? How about Jake??

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
amonchak;187145 said:
One other thought was that all the committee members names should be listed in alphebetical order by last name. Also the bio for everyone is clearly written by separate people I think wit would flow better if one person rewrote all of the bio's so it is written the same.
I agree that they should be re-written from a singular voice. Also think they could be shortened up a bit. I didn't want to edit others bios at this point, but I'm OK if mine gets pared down. If I recall from the meeting, Jon and Juan were going to take our input and finalize. Edit away gentlemen.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
I agree the bios are a good starting point but should all be similar length. You have my blessing too for editing....

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just ran through Adam's edits and they look good. I like the formatting changes. We caught some of the same typos, though the doc I posted has other suggestions as well.

I do have one question though Adam. What do you have against the word mosey? :)

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Nothing I guess, just the engineer in me that had an issue with it.....:) Sometimes I can't help it. It doesn't bother me if we use it just changed it cause I was on a roll. LOL.

Aslo I think the font size should be 12 at the largest. IF some of the edits make the writing to boring (engineer writing here) then keep it spiced up. I just have trouble writing that way anymore ;)