MASC FAMILY BBQ, MINI DBTC and GARAGE SALE !!!!

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
MASC FAMILY BBQ, MINI DBTC and GARAGE SALE

When: OCTOBER 4th, 2015
Where: E.B. Rains Park - Tumbleweed & Sagebrush Pavilions - 11701 Community Center Dr Northglenn, CO 80233 ‎
CLICK HERE FOR MAP - CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO PARK INFO
* Parking lots are off of Community Center Dr and also at the end of East 117th
Time: 11am-2pm

Join us for fun, fellowship, a garge sale, a MINI DBTC and food!!!!

MINI DBTC Details:

1. Each member will cut 2 of their most valuable and or favorite corals that they have and are willing to DBTC to another fellow reefer in order to share they awesomeness that they see.
2. Each member will put the frags in a Pee cup and bring to the event
3. At the BBQ we will add each members 2 corals to our dry erase board and give each member 2 raffle tickets one for each entry
4. After all the coral names and entries are added to the board we will shake the raffle bucket, draw a number and the member with that number will get to select a coral from the board. (Similar to our normal DBTC process - only there are not categories - yes this means hopefully they will all be standard or extreme but not required to participate)
5. After each member has had on chance to select a coral, we will place all of the raffle tickets back into the bucket, shake and repeat until the last coral is selected.
*rules,operations and method subject to change as this is a new idea for us

YES THIS IS GOING TO BE A LUCK OF THE DRAW SCENARIO, BUT ASSUMING EVERYONE BRINGS AWESOME CORALS ...THERE WONT BE ANY DISAPPOINTED PEOPLE :lostit:

* for a refresher on the DBTC program click ------------> HERE

Garage Sale Details:
simple
:high5:
Bring all of your new or used gear you want to sell or clear out of your garage and basement and bring it down to the park. I know we have some major saltwater gear hoarders, (myself included) so we would expect to see a super turn out lol. Please feel free to bring your own table, chairs, shade canopies and or whatever you may need for your stuff.
* There will not be any power available

BBQ Details:
MASC will be providing the following free of charge to all that attend:
- Beef Burgers
- Johnsonville Brats
- Hot Dogs
- Buns
- Relish, Mustard and ketchup
- Napkins
- Plates
- Coolers with Ice

MASC will be asking for donations of the following from the members and guests planning to attend:
- Non Adult Beverages
- Deserts
- Chips
- Anything else one feels like bringing to share

* Sorry, no alcohol will be permitted at this function as we will not be buying the require permit.

Who should attend: simple :high5:ANYONE AND EVERYONE!!!! There is a playground right next to our pavilions, grass for fun and games, Pavilions for shade, skate park, paddle boats and even fishing!!! So what this means is bring the kids, grandparents, significant others , aunts, uncles, sisters, brothers, cousins, as whom ever would like to join is welcome!!!

There is no shortage of things for non-reefers to do, so shouldn't be any reason for the whole family not to come :DWe look forward to seeing you all there and please look for updates to the event and details as we get closer!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Darn! Never fails. Always falls on the Sunday I work. I'll see if I can swap with someone. Would love to make it to at least 1 of these

lkoechle

Cleaner Shrimp
So, my favorites are not big enough to be fragged because they are expensive so I could only buy a little lol. But, I have a rainbow pocillopora, a meteor shower cyphastrea, a green slimer, rainbow montipora (encrusting), mystic sunset montipora (encrusting), and a starburst monti cap that are either already fragged or ready to be fragged. Since we want this to be an awesome frag swap, what would people rather see?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Dont forget this is next weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

So if you are going to be doing the DBTC best make sure you cut like today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[attachment=69376:name]

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
aztecdreams;360890 said:
Darn! Never fails. Always falls on the Sunday I work. I'll see if I can swap with someone. Would love to make it to at least 1 of these
My Chinese class is on Sunday's, so it always bums me out too when meetings aren't on Saturdays.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
So a few things I will be bringing:
for the DBTC: JF Slow Burn and ORA Ant Insignis
For sale: Reefkeeper Net module $40,

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
And the forecast is ........ cold and wet, park shouldnt be very full though

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I talked with the weather guys and they say it will be nice and warm during the bbq. They will part the clouds and make sure to dry it out for us before we get there. ;)

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Tickets are only a couple hundred, and you coudl bring me some purple monster too

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Ohh the weather forecast isclooking better, chillier than it has been but dryish

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
PFR will be in attendance, well three of us will be there.

We will be bringing a van full of lights and various equipment as well as a few tanks.

We will almost be giving this stuff away, I'm talking 8 bulb T5s with bulbs for $50, you can't get bulbs for that! 72 gallon reef ready bowfront with stand and 8 bulb T5 for $150 o.b.o. I've got a small calcium reactor with controller, a huge Ca reactor, ATO set up with controller and top off box, QT tanks, drilled 75gal, and whatever else were able to fit.

We will have a ton of stuff and will not pass up any reasonable offer, were hoping not to have to lug any of this back!! See everyone Sunday.

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Would love to go but I don't have anything to frag yet!?!

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
SilverSurfer;362151 said:
Would love to go but I don't have anything to frag yet!?!
You don't have to have frags to come to the BBQ. We just added the swap for a little extra fun.