mechanic needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
I need some work done on my 2009 Ram. The heater is making strange noises on startup and shut down, the brakes need changed (I have them), and it needs an oil change. If you are (or know) an honest, good mechanic, please let me know.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: mechanic needed

Hey I know a guy who used to make and tune the baddest quads around. Oh ya he prob works on cars too :D

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;216021 said:
Hey I know a guy who used to make and tune the baddest quads around. Oh ya he prob works on cars too :D
Yeah? Will he be honest with me, even though I'm a female? I've not had great luck with mechanics. Not *quite* as bad as my experience with handymen, but not great.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
mechanic needed

I work for frags... Just sayin!! I'm an ASE certified med/heavy tech for transwest.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
Blazinjack;216035 said:
I work for frags... Just sayin!! I'm an ASE certified med/heavy tech for transwest.
If only I had that big frag flat filled with 'saltwater taffy' like I used to...

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well I could help you out with the oil change and brake swap, but the heater thing would be over my head.

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
what kind of noise is your heater making? If its a Gen4, there was a recall on the heater motor. To find out, go HERE. Type in your vin in the box on the bottom left of page. Should pull up any recall you may have and if it was already performed. If not, then I believe the heater motor is very easy to access and swap out. Somewhere around $100 for parts plus labor... I would totally do it for frags if i had a tank ready and you had some frags.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
cdrewferd;216106 said:
Well I could help you out with the oil change and brake swap, but the heater thing would be over my head.
Thanks a bunch! A good friend of mine has someone in mind for this. He's supposed to get me a name & number. If that doesn't pan out, I'll let ya know.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
Smiley;216110 said:
what kind of noise is your heater making? If its a Gen4, there was a recall on the heater motor. To find out, go HERE. Type in your vin in the box on the bottom left of page. Should pull up any recall you may have and if it was already performed. If not, then I believe the heater motor is very easy to access and swap out. Somewhere around $100 for parts plus labor... I would totally do it for frags if i had a tank ready and you had some frags.
Sweet! Thanks for the link! I'm gonna go check that out now. Need to write down my vin and do this.
The noise is a loud knocking sound (literally like someone's tapping on something). It happens when I turn the truck on, whether the fan is turned on or not, and after I turn the truck off. Extremely strange.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: mechanic needed

Oh good I was hoping so, he is great friend I'm sure he'll take excellent care of you :)

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Im also ASE certified, although I no longer work in a shop (blown out back no longer allows me to crawl around under cars). Breaks, blower motor and oil change would be fairly a small job on this truck for anyone to handle, expecially with proper equipment. Blower motor should be right up under neath passanger side dash in the core compartment, a few 10mm bolts it itll come right out, shouldnt even have to dismantle the dash, breaks and oil change, well hopefully thats self explanatory.

sounds like a electronic blend door is going bad pray its on the front side of the hvac box i used to work for jeep chrysler dodge, quite common unfortunately the shaft of the plastic motor cracks

+1 on blend door

1. [*=center]http://if its just a thump at start up and shut down its probably a vacuum line cracked or slipped off. if it clicks constantly set all the way hot or all the way cold its the electronic temp control unit. usually behind glove box door and easy to get to.

Status
Not open for further replies.