Melanarus Wrasses??

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Yup, more than one? Is it possible in a 180? Or will they fight?

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Melanarus Wrasses??

They will fight more than likely, mine fought with everything. Might also depend on the fish

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mine gets along with tomato/sleeper banded/scooter blenny/firefish. If anything he was bullied slightly by the clowns. FWIW with mixing with other fish. (One at elite reef is much larger than mine, so perhaps it's more juvenile and has yet to turn aggressive.)

Maybe hunting down a female may be possible to pair them, but I thought they were far less colorful.

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
i have a female thats just over 4" long in my 75g... pair of clowns, scooter blenny, leopard wrasse, snails hermits longspine urchin... got a school of chromis and a couple tangs... melanarus doesn't bother a soul. wakes up early, bout an hour before the blues even turn on, active throughout the morning and then hangs out the rest of the day swimming in and out of rocks, asleep and hidden by about 5pm

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I think you guys missed the point here, I want 2 melanarus in my tank, I already have one, very peaceful, was thinking of adding another.

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;235612 said:
I think you guys missed the point here, I want 2 melanarus in my tank, I already have one, very peaceful, was thinking of adding another.
my b, on that note... my melanarus was the only wrasse in the tank for about a year and when i got the leopard, luckily i got it at a decent size because the melanarus fought for swimming space and sleeping space... IMO if your gonna do that, find where she sleeps or hangs out or redo your rock a bit then add both

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Im actually getting ready to remove all live stock and re do the rock stack entirley so I think Ill intorduce the new melanarus and the one I currently have at the same time along with my leapord so they can establish their grounds all at once to avoid fighting. I have a pink tailed trigger who likes to "police" aggressive fish, shes done wonders at turning butthead fish into model citizens.