micro bubble trouble

Ambrosio Aquatics

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
i just setup my new pump and [FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]OceansMotions 4way flow director but i am getting tons of micro bubbles and cant figure out why. any ideas??? [/FONT]

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
That was my thought check your sump for micro bubbles from your skimmer getting to your return if not there than recheck your plumbing.

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk

Ambrosio Aquatics

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
no visible bubbles in the sump. its driving me insane. all connections are glued or threaded pipe with grey Teflon tape. i do have 2 elbows that i think could be the culprit.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ambrosio Aquatics;288802 said:
no visible bubbles in the sump. its driving me insane. all connections are glued or threaded pipe with grey Teflon tape. i do have 2 elbows that i think could be the culprit.
Reeflo told me to not use Teflon they said use clear silicon on threaded joints the geruntee them not to leak and it puts less stress on the joint. I plumed my whole system like that 2 years ago and no leaks!!!

Ambrosio Aquatics

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Craigar;288804 said:
Reeflo told me to not use Teflon they said use clear silicon on threaded joints the geruntee them not to leak and it puts less stress on the joint. I plumed my whole system like that 2 years ago and no leaks!!!
hmmm any particular brand?

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
That's what I was thinking. Don't know if it would work but it seems to make sense.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
That was my only hesitation in recommending it. Never done it and food coloring is just water and coloring right?