Mixed Torch Coral ??

I have heard that you can place Torch, Frogspawn, Coral, and Hammer Coral next to each other as they do not sting other Euphyllia. I have not tried personally but I'm sure someone can chime in with actual experience.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
They can be placed together and won't sting, just don't go too close or as they grow, the fastest growing one will still overtake the others because of shadowing.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
TylerVT26;360261 said:
I have heard that you can place Torch, Frogspawn, Coral, and Hammer Coral next to each other as they do not sting other Euphyllia. I have not tried personally but I'm sure someone can chime in with actual experience.

This is a big no-no. Same species yes, but torches will kill frogspawn and hammers. Frogspawns and hammers can be together though.

Edit hardcore typo ed this

Last edited by a moderator:

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Seth is 100% correct IMO and experience! MOST (YES most) hammers and frogspawn can co-exist next to each other. Torches are notorious for being ruthless stingers and have over night killed several of my hammers literally over night with their sweepers.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
The original question was can different torches (not torch with hammer or frogspawn) be placed near each other. I have never witnessed any aggression between different color torches only minor aggression between torches and different species.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
zombie;360314 said:
The original question was can different torches (not torch with hammer or frogspawn) be placed near each other. I have never witnessed any aggression between different color torches only minor aggression between torches and different species.

+1 torches are ok to have with each other.