1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Mixed Torch Coral ??

Discussion in 'LPS (Large Polyp Stoines)' started by chytownprincess, Sep 7, 2015.

1. chytownprincess

chytownprincess Copepod

I was wondering if anyone has successfully place two different colored torch corals in close proximity.. Like a mixed ZOA rock?? Is it possible?

2. TylerVT26

TylerVT26 Copepod

I have heard that you can place Torch, Frogspawn, Coral, and Hammer Coral next to each other as they do not sting other Euphyllia. I have not tried personally but I'm sure someone can chime in with actual experience.

3. zombie

zombie Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

They can be placed together and won't sting, just don't go too close or as they grow, the fastest growing one will still overtake the others because of shadowing.

4. sethsolomon

sethsolomon Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

This is a big no-no. Same species yes, but torches will kill frogspawn and hammers. Frogspawns and hammers can be together though.

Edit hardcore typo ed this

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2015
  5. Balz3352

Balz3352 Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

I've heard same as seth. It depends on species.

6. CRW Reef

CRW Reef Orca Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Seth is 100% correct IMO and experience! MOST (YES most) hammers and frogspawn can co-exist next to each other. Torches are notorious for being ruthless stingers and have over night killed several of my hammers literally over night with their sweepers.

7. zombie

zombie Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

The original question was can different torches (not torch with hammer or frogspawn) be placed near each other. I have never witnessed any aggression between different color torches only minor aggression between torches and different species.

8. sethsolomon

+1 torches are ok to have with each other.

9. sethsolomon

Just realised I put torches and hammers in my post. I meant frogspawn and hammers can be together.