mixing a maroon clownfish with 2 true perculas, opinions?

Ok so I have a 75 gallon with two 2 1/2" true percula clownfish in it and an rbta. The true perculas want nothing to do with the rbta and i was wondering if I added a maroon clownfish in the tank could/would they co-exist? I have read both yes and no on other sites. What would be the best way to do it? If i got a smaller (1") maroon would that be the way to go? Just wanted some other thoughts on this. Thanks in advance for the help.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The only way to know what will happen is to put it in. Be prepared to catch a fish though.
A 75g is pretty small for multiple species of clowns but some people have had success so you never know until you try.

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
My advice - from someone who had that thought and did it - IS DON'T EVEN TRY. I did this from a friend who had a matted maroon pair. My 72 gal already had a pair of true percs. OMG, the fireworks. The smaller male maroon jumped in the over flow and ended up in the Sump fuge. The female maroon jumped out of the tank, I thought she was dead as she was almost dry, I through her in the sump..... and she lived. I call her scar face since she has callous makes on her face from drying out.. and that was a few years ago.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Clowns will rip each other apart. I tried adding a third to a pair awhile back and it was rough. 2 were percs and the third ocellaris snowflake. The two were still juvenile at the time and hadn't established which was female. That day changed all that lol. Pulled the third out and the two percs duked it out. Their mouths locked and they were spinning around. I thought they would lose lips! I dont recommend it in a 75.

andyrm66

Butterfly Fish
From witnessing it firsthand, I would agree with the last two, don't even try it. Perhaps in an 8' tank, but no way in something smaller.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just make sure you tape it...

[video=youtube;I6eQ78HCGEA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6eQ78HCGEA[/video]

Not gonna try it. Thanks everyone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

I did end up putting a small tomato clown in there with them. No fighting. Crossing my fingers it stays that way. But if it doesn't its a reason to buy another tank right?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
My buddy had 1 true percent that wanted nothing to do with the Rbta in his tank and added a larger maroon. Same size 75 gallon. The maroon went right into the Rbta and never really left. After a while the other clown got curious and would try and go in but the maroon would just push him out. Being bigger the other would just submit and the red would just stay in the Rbta.