Most expensive fish you have purchased.

SLewis

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
What is the Most Expensive Fish you have every purchased or your dream Fish you wish you could afford?

kio707

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Most expensive fish you have purchased.

I had a harlequin tusk - $250. Lasted a week then died of ich.

David

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Most Expensive Fish Bought: Lineatus Wrasse $300
Dream Fish:
Dr.Seuss Soapfish $3500
Gem Tang $3000
Rhomboid Wrasse $325
Achilles Tang $300

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I traded a whole ton ($4000) of limited edition SPS frags over several months to my LFS in KC for a pair of Conspic Angelfish. ...another $1500 for a male Personsifier.

I paid $450 for a Crosshatch Trigger pair - my highest with my own money, but that was 10 years ago.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I gave $250 for a Black Tang a while back, but it was a voracious coral eater and did not last long in my tanks.

My next purchase will be a Watanabei Angelfish pair. Who knows how much they will cost, but it shouldn't be too bad. I might do crosshatches too if I can find a male at 6", or under - they will be high.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hmmm...
I'd love a chevron tang ($250), and a male blonde naso ($190), a sohol tang ($290), and an achilles tang ($230). But the most expensive fish I've ever bought was a $60 one that came with free marine velvet...

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wow Doug...looks like you takes the cake on buying and selling of luxury entries in this category...

CindyL;252712 said:
But the most expensive fish I've ever bought was a $60 one that came with free marine velvet...
LOL. Cindy, technically you're supposed to add up the costs of all the other fish that bit it from the velvet when you do the accounting on that purchase.

If that were true, I bout a real expensive fish with free Ich once! I've bought 2 harlequin tusks, one to replace the other that died of the "free" Ich, so I've spent about $400 on that species.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
daverf;252736 said:
Wow Doug...looks like you takes the cake on buying and selling of luxury entries in this category...

LOL. Cindy, technically you're supposed to add up the costs of all the other fish that bit it from the velvet when you do the accounting on that purchase.

If that were true, I bout a real expensive fish with free Ich once! I've bought 2 harlequin tusks, one to replace the other that died of the "free" Ich, so I've spent about $400 on that species.
ok... $50 tiger goby, $30 starry blenny x 2, $50 kole tang, $60 powder brown x 2, $60 desjardini, $30 banggai, $60 blonde naso x 2, $50 clown pair, $120 in anthias...

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Hmm hard question, have to consider purchase cost versus current value on some of mine, probably most valuable I currently have is my 6: Chrysurus Angle which would retail for around $500 most I have ever actually spent was $200 on a Blue line Angel that never ate a few years ago.

Most expensive? Oh around 300 for around 4 trios of anthias, around 60 per, Dream?? Pair of Bellus Angelfish for testing mwahahaha (runs around 500 for the pair)