Most expensive fish you have purchased.

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hmmm.... Clarion Angel, followed by a Maze Angel, pair of Tinker's Butterflies, an Interruptus angel and a Feminus wrasse.

Dream fish that I'd love to have again, Centropyge resplendens. Bought them in the mid 80s for $60.... cant find them now as Acension Island is shutdown and has been for the past two decades.

What I'd like to add? A Chaetodon orantissimus that ate, Chaetodontoplus conspiculatus, Centropyge hotumata, Centropyge narcosis. Of course, a pair of Centropyge personatus would be OK too.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
rmougey;273196 said:
Hmmm.... Clarion Angel, followed by a Maze Angel, pair of Tinker's Butterflies, an Interruptus angel and a Feminus wrasse.

Dream fish that I'd love to have again, Centropyge resplendens. Bought them in the mid 80s for $60.... cant find them now as Acension Island is shutdown and has been for the past two decades.

What I'd like to add? A Chaetodon orantissimus that ate, Chaetodontoplus conspiculatus, Centropyge hotumata, Centropyge narcosis. Of course, a pair of Centropyge personatus would be OK too.

After some research, I found out you could still get this fish. But its going to be 1 hell of a journey. You first have to file all the permits to go on the island($60).The file for CITES permits to transport the fish from Ascension Island to Rio then to the USA($100). Then you have to fly to Rio($1000). Then you have to charter a flight to ascension island($2000 landing and takeoff fee, ~$5000 flight charter). Then catch the fish once you're there(7-10 days). Then fly back to Rio. Then fly back to Denver. All the while keeping the fish you harvested alive. Probably would have to acclimate them to synthetic saltwater while you were there on Ascension Island so you have a higher survival rate. To make sure the flight was profitable, you would have. So we shall put a value of that fish at say.... $10k?

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ha! That's great..... if only I had a private benefactor..... :)

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I tried painting my C. acanthops (it works for tetras!) but alas it didn't stick. :)

RCT keeps threatening to offer them again.... had an RCT hybrid (resplendens/fisherii) for many years. Coppolino got the parents and may still have one, last I heard.