Moving and storing of stocked tank

BryanF

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
We suffered a house fire last week and unfortunately will be out of the home for several months during construction. Thankfully everyone is safe and travelers insurance has been top notch so far!

The fire restoration company would like to see my 72 gallon mixed reef moved out, stored offsite, and then moved back in after construction is complete. Travelers is willing to pay this expense however the insurance adjuster has never had to do such a thing so doesn't know of a company to use. I'm really hoping to avoid selling the livestock!

Tank is a 72 bow, been established for approximately 6 months with softies, lps, and a few pieces of sps.

Payment will come directly from travelers insurance who has bared no expense thus far. Please let me know if your willing and able for such a job.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Call up Cris at Aquatic Art, might as well do it right if ins is covering ya!

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Munch;343874 said:
+100

Very glad to hear that everyone is ok. So sorry you're dealing with the damage, however.

Last edited by a moderator:

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Munch;343874 said:
Beat me to it, exactly what I was going to suggest.
Hope everything goes smoothly. Glad everyone is safe

BryanF

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Munch;343874 said:
Thanks for the good wishes everyone. Burnt stuff can always be replaced, really puts things in perspective. I'll call Chris tomorrow and see what he can do.

The smoke damage is what really gets you! This small area is going to be well over $100k in damage.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Sorry to hear about the fire, what happened? Glad everyone safe though. I was also going to recommend AA so +1 to that

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I vote AA as well and glad everyone is okay as well and speaking from experience life's little mishaps really do put things into perspective

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Hey Bryan sorry to hear about the fire but glad to hear everyone is ok and the damage didnt result in a total loss. If AA (whom I also recommend) cant store and hold your livestock the other person I might try is Ki over at Keys Island another sponsor of ours.

BryanF

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;343884 said:
Sorry to hear about the fire, what happened? Glad everyone safe though. I was also going to recommend AA so +1 to that
Two day old ashes from the fireplace. I've learned to always pour water over them regardless of how certain you are they are out.

BryanF

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who recommended Chris at aquatic art. He picked up my tanks today and was great to work with! I know the tanks are in good hands.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
That's awesome news. One less thing to worry about. Knowing Cris, your corals will have doubled in size by the time you get the tank back.