Murphy's law. Anemone Movement observations.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So got a green BTA to go with my rose. This one is not so happy and took off in the night. I expected movement and nothing too sensitive near it but still pulled an unexepected. Beelined for my anthelia rock, and has climbed right on top/over the forest of them. I thought like many things it would avoid crawling over living things.

Made all the worse as I wanted to sell/trade this rock to make room for a new rock to fit more corals other than the anthelia jungle.

If it doesn't continue on it's journey in a few days. Think I'd be ok throwing rock in sump or different area of tank to provoke it to move on to new areas? I know I'll never get it where "I" want it, just hoping not on the one rock I'm trying to be rid of.

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
This is why I don't have a BTA in my diplay. They move when and where they want, and when they do in an established tank, they sting everything in it's path. Good luck.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
He has such a huge disc for his size, seems like he may not be stinging, just crawling over. Dunno will survey the damage when I get home in an hour.

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Murphy's law. Anemone Movement observations.

I had a rbta move all over my tank. For an entire month it would move. Between my acros, into my digi, just about everywhere. But yet it didn't kill or sting anything at all.

Sent from my C771

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have always had them find a spot and settle down after a while. I have never noticed that they sting anything...

Wait until you get a pile of them...

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'd like to perhaps due a heavy anemone tank with some soft corals and such thrown in. Ditching the fish and putting small mantis in a nano, replacing with full size man mantis as the pee wee got lost in the 55g