My new Banggai!

joeMASC

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I knew I had some fish larvae released in my 180 tank, but didn't know what kind. Tonight I found out when I saw this little guy swimming in the sump. He is about a 1/4 inch long. In the video you can see (blurry) mysid shrimp swimming by. The little balls on the bottom are purigen balls that just spilled out of the bag they were in. Click on the picture below to see a short iPhone video of him.

I don't know if I should just leave him in the sump since he is doing well so far, or if I should move him into another container. For now, I just left him in there, but I poured a little green water from my attempt at raising copepods, and from my newest attempt at live rotifers I just started this week. I'll have a fresh batch of brine shrimp napulli to add in there tomorrow night or Sat morning.

joeMASC

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm adding live rotifers, copepods, brine shrimp napulli, and some phyto to the sump section he is in to make sure he has plenty of meal options. I know I already have copepods, amphipods, and mysid shrimp breeding in there. I guess he found what sizes he needed just fine on his own, but now I'll throw in a little insurance each day. For some reason my tanks are like inspiration point and everything is breeding. I've been catching mandarin eggs, fish larvae, unknown crab larvae (I'm thinking emerald crabs because I have seen some new ones that are decent sized but smaller than what I had put in the tank), cleaner and peppermint shrimp larvae, and I have at least 30 baby brittle stars growing out in the refugium. Amphispur from SCMAS is collecting some of the larvae and is trying to grow them out.