Nano return pump broke Help

Aqualistic

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hello everyone my nano 8g return pump just broke right now I have 1 power head moving the water around will my fish and coral be okay until I get a new one ship in 4 days ? Please help

Fourthwind

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Should be ok as long as you have water circulation. Find a local fish store that carries hydors. their small pumps work well in small nanos.

Octopi

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
As long as you have movement at the surface from a small power head you don't have to worry about oxygen issues. Personally, I wouldn't worry too much and just ease up on the feeding while you are waiting for the new pump and monitor water quality. If water quality drops, just do a water change. If really worried, do a small daily water change. I am assuming you have some live rock and sand in the display that will keep the cycle going and not 100% dependent on some media you have in the back.
When you do get your new pump, be careful about adding back the water that has been sitting in the back without any circulation. I would try to remove all of that water since it might get a little nasty and that would be enough to crash an 8g tank.

aquarius

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
We have several sicce multi 800 pumps in stock at Stone Aquatics they do 220gph at 13 watts that may work for what you need.