Need a new sand sifter

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
So, lost my long time diamond goby this week. Thinking about changing it up this time. All that is in there now are nassi snails. Could add some sand sifting stars but I am thinking I would like a different fish. Tank is a 150 reef. Lots of fine sand to sift. Love some thoughts on what to add or I could always get a new baby diamond.

Thanks!

280g-reefman

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I have a blue head and all he does is hide. I love sand sifting stars as the appear and then disappear. Also love the diamond goby as they are constantly out and about. The only thing I don't like about mine is he feels the need to bury all my corals on the sandbed. I think its just to get attention.

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would add a couple cucumbers to help the nassarius snails. The sand sifting cucumber from sealifeinc is cool but its more of a filter feeder and stays in one spot.

Sent from my C771

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;199937 said:
Don't those grow to 24" though?
I believe you're thinking of the twin spot wrasse.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Smiley;199939 said:
I would add a couple cucumbers to help the nassarius snails. The sand sifting cucumber from sealifeinc is cool but its more of a filter feeder and stays in one spot.

Sent from my C771
My tiger tail went everywhere along the sandbed, one of those might work for you. He was nocturnal though. A guy on RC got a blue/yellow sand sifting star that looked really sweet.

cdrewferd;199954 said:
I believe you're thinking of the twin spot wrasse.
You're right, my bad.