Need advice and help

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I haven't been as active of a member as I would like to be. The summer is my busy time of the year. It is hard juggling work and family and bills. This year has been a struggle for us financially and mentally, between my truck being stolen and having a second child its been stressful. I really feel like I am neglecting this community as well as my tank. Its sad that I have to spend 2 hours removing algae off of rocks and the glass due to lack of maintenance.

With that being said, any ideas on how to stay motivated with my tank? I love looking at it but hate maintaining it/ remembering to maintain it. Also we are having an issue with finding reliable childcare and my wife's job is on the line with the childcare issues. Its disappointing that after 3.5 years at a place she is no closer to a raise or promotion than she was at day 1. We are looking to find her a evening job, better paying job with benefits, or a work from home job. She has experience in customer service, warehouses, stock transfers and a world of other fields.

I have debated switching fields as well. I have been in the landscape industry for almost 8 years and am almost burnt out. I don't feel that I will advance any further than I have anytime soon. I'm just bored. I need a challenging career to occupy my mind. Most of all, I need to be financially supportive of my family. I would like more than anything to just let my wife stay at home, raise our children and I would take on the financial burden.

Just trying to rant, thanks for listening.

Chuzzler

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just some thoughts. Child care is expensive, figure out the financial difference if you stopped paying for child care, trading your wife's income. Then look into 3rd party retail rep programs like MarketSource, MarketStar, Premium..... Part-time jobs that have flexible hours and tend to pay upwards of $15 an hour (decent for part time work).
Many of these companies eventually have full time career opportunities that come up when she is ready to go back full time, and they also provide great face time with CPG product manufacturing companies that you represent, which can lead to good careers.
I have experience from the manufacturer perspective that hires these 3rd party companies to rep our products, and have even helped the "all star" employees of this company get promoted, and even some have been hired by my company due to their experience with our products and acheivements.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just wish I had some words of wisdom to offer, or advice that would make some difference. Unfortunately, I know zip about kid care, and have had no luck looking for a job here. So all I've got is "good luck. If *anyone* can sort this out, I know you guys can."