Need help with my naso tang ASAP

andynco

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok so this morning about 11am I found my naso's head stuck in a hole and had he's big stress spots so i pulled him out vary carefully then he was swimming with out stress spots of about 30 seconds then went in to one of my small caves then lend on the rock and the stressed spots came back so then I tried feeding flake he didn't even bother coming out then I tried Frozen food then he come out and swim but didn't eat then just kept swimming for about 30 seconds then he stuck him self in a crack now has stress spots and he's spikes on he's fins I don't know what to do

He's in a 90 gallon reef with
X-mas wrasse
Banggai
Purple firefish
Hippo tang
2 clowns
The water was tested 2 days ago nothing was out of place
He doesn't get picked on by other fish
Can anyone help please

andynco

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I can put him in my Nanocube by him self with no other fish

andynco

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think I am going to put him in a bucket before he gets ich

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
andynco;210918 said:
I think I am going to put him in a bucket before he gets ich
So for how long! This won't be a long term solution IMO just leave him be for a day or so before doing something drastic!

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haddonisreef;210919 said:
So for how long! This won't be a long term solution IMO just leave him be for a day or so before doing something drastic!
X2!! I wonder if he nipped at something icky or something. I'd leave him be for a day and see what he does.

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
maybe could also be your tank size, or keep an eye on whether someone is bullying him. wrasse, hippo, clowns all can get pretty ugly (especially in tight quarters). liveaquaria says those tangs need 180 gallons. how long have they all been in there?

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
"spikey" fins is usually a sign that something has been nipping at him, IMO. Maybe he got stuck in that hole and the crabs got to him???

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would just let him be he has less stress in the 90 no need to remove him and add to the stress. If I was to do anything I would turn my lights off for 24 hours

andynco

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
dvenson;210926 said:
I would just let him be he has less stress in the 90 no need to remove him and add to the stress. If I was to do anything I would turn my lights off for 24 hours
Thanks I am going to do this:)