Need tips how to make my tank look better!! Please help

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
What's your aquascaping plan? I try to stay within a color scheme w the fish and corals.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Your tank is very new. Give it time, be patient, Over time it will change and start to look better.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;311435 said:
Your tank is very new. Give it time, be patient, Over time it will change and start to look better.
+100

it takes time. Right now you've got a diatom bloom, so everything looks a big dingy. That will process through, and the brown will go away. If you keep your water parameters within range, you'll start seeing coralline develop. If you decide to edit down to just reef safe fish, you can add corals to the tank for some color (or stick with the fake ones cuz they're unkillable). Another option for some movement and color is macro algae. There are a lot of different types, and they're a great addition to most any tank, IMO.

But first and foremost, wait until your tank is cycled. Saltwater tanks take time and patience to build into gorgeous tanks. Read up on the cycle so you know what to expect. Research new additions before you buy them. Study water chemistry so you know what you need to do to keep your parameters in line. Learn about the equipment that you'll use to keep your tank running smoothly, so you get the right gear for your tank. This hobby is great, but it isn't a cakewalk even for the most experienced reefers. We're always learning, reading, and asking each other questions. If it was simple and easy, we wouldn't need this club/forum.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
FinsUp!;311445 said:
If it was simple and easy, we wouldn't need this club/forum.
Well put. I think I spend at least a month or more researching every new addition to the tank. It helps to know ur LFS too, I pm mine all the time.
It helps to have a plan for ur tank, what do u want it to look like, what fish, what corals, and spend a lot of time researching them. Having a plan has kept me from walking into an LFS or posting on a for sale thread and buying something that I wasn't prepared for.