New Era foods

Chris_W

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
Has anyone noticed algae issues after using new era foods? I'm trying to nail down if I'm getting problems from the food or from using reef crystals salt.

It seems like ever time I use new era marine flakes i get more film on my glass and overflows. Using omega brand, the algae seems to recede. The only variable is that I've done large water chances around the same time I've switched each time.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Probably isn't your salt. I've never had problems with reef crystals. I would say it's the food. If you're going to use a dry food you should try pellets. I use New Life Spectrum and have been very happy with it.

Chris_W

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
I used to use new life, and still have a large jar of the pellets. My trigger refuses to eat them though. I'll probably just switch back to omega and call it a day. Was curious of anyone else had noticed the issue or if I'm just looking for something to be wrong.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Chris_W;365622 said:
Ro/di. I make my own. I've tested my di output for po4 and it's been 0.02 or lower every time.
Just ruling out possibilities. I personally don't use flake. I am a pellets person.