new floors

cremer9

Butterfly Fish
Putting in hardwood floors I have a jbj 12 gallon on original stand .I need info that on what people use under the tank that will not harm the floor in case of small spills and maintenance..

I'd like to know as well. I've seen people use a kind of carpet that has a plastic backing for water proofing but no idea where to get it.

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lay suran wrap on the floor overlapping it, then put a rug over it. That should keep water in the rug and off the hardwood. If you need to, run a mop over the floor first so the suran wrap will stick to the floor easier and make a better seal to the floor. HTH

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
rubber yoga mat, or those floor protectors for under a desk to keep chair wheels from tearing up the floor.

120greefman

nothing, moisture can build up under a mat if water spills and you wont see it, will ruin the wood. if it is bare you will know if water is there and can clean it up. the only issue will be scratching the floor if you drag you stand across it so dont do that.

Mini T

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Agree. Just wipe as as soon as possible. I put down a towel on the floor when I work on it then use it wipe the floor up after I'm done.

space

Butterfly Fish
I used an old piece of carpet with my nano in our old house in New Orleans that had antique wood floors. But here, the tank and I are stuck in my laundry room/office basement that isn't finished yet so we're good. :)

rangerbobb

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
In addition to towels, have a fan that you can use to help dry up any water that makes it under the stand. It happens no matter what precautions you take.