New Member Introduction

maxfrenkel19

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hello All,

I just registered for the site and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Max and I live in Boulder, CO. I recently became very interested in corals (after viewing a friend's tank that I was very jealous of :) ), and found your site after struggling to find local hobbyists to buy from/trade with via craigslist. I've been browsing the forum for the past hour and am very excited to get to know everyone. I'm fairly new to the hobby (< 1 year in the saltwater world), so I don't have much to offer yet, but I'll learn as much as I can and hopefully be able to contribute soon!

I am currently in the market for corals of all kinds and will be browsing your for-sale forum often :). If you're near(ish) the Boulder area and have anything for sale let me know, I'm always happy to make a trip out and meet some new reefers. Would also like to learn everyone's "favorite" corals if you have one, then I'll have something to look for.

Anyway just wanted to introduce myself quickly, I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Max

maxfrenkel19

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks for the warm welcomes folks.

Labsalesguy;277498 said:
Nice to meet you Max. Myself and others I am sure would like to hear about your setup when you can:)
Certainly! My tank is a 40 gallon with a 20 gallon fuge/sump underneath. Good amount of live rock (should have kept track of the weight when I bought it...), couple powerheads, skimmer, etc. I run the "Value" LED fixture made by ReefBreeders (not sure on light output off the top of my head, but its working so far)

Livestock includes:
-2 ocellaris clowns
-1 six-line wrasse
-1 coral beauty angelfish
-1 starry blenny

Corals and other critters
-1 BTA (housing the two clowns finally!)
-2 large-ish colonies of frogspawn (looking to trade 1 of anyone's interested)
-sympodium
-zoa colony (pretty standard green + orange, not sure what it's called)
-blue, green striped mushrooms
-new frags of orange monti, green devil's hand, riccordea
-featherduster, crabs, urchin, snails, etc

As you can see I've got mostly beginner's corals to start...the monti is my first attempt at SPS (looking good so far). Excited to expand!

Let me know if you're curious about anything else.

Blindrage

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
From one Newbie to another, welcome to the Club. I promise you found the right place, and the right people to answer all your questions.

maxfrenkel19

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
rings343;277503 said:
someone has to

say it

pics brah

and

welcome
I'll give it a shot next chance I get... Although my lighting looks great in person, all my photos end up entirely blue and you can't see the colors on any fish/corals... I'm sure there are a thousand threads on fish photography, I'll have to browse.

Blindrage;277504 said:
From one Newbie to another, welcome to the Club. I promise you found the right place, and the right people to answer all your questions.
Thank you sir! Enjoying it so far.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome, if you are ever headed to Loveland, I have some free easy corals available for you (green star polyps, anthelia, teal paly's, Kenya tree, and maybe others depending on when you make it this way.