New Reefer

Or rather... soon to be.

Just ordered a Biocube 29. Didn't get the HQI because of the heat issues I keep hearing about, so I'll just do a LED upgrade here in the near future.

Just ordered this stuff as well:
MJ1200 powerhead
AquaticLife 115 skimmer
inTank fish guard, media basket, fuge combo.

I've been an aquarist for probably 15 years now, and currently have a 28 gallon fish tank coffee table. (looking to sell btw). I've been wanting to jump into Salt Water for a long time, and I finally got the guts together to order some equipment.

I'll be starting as a FOWLR, but after the tank settles a little bit, I'll be doing a bunch of basic sessile inverts such as mushrooms, some zoas, and maybe a couple other softies.

Looking forward to maybe attending some swap meet, or local meets. If anyone has tips or tricks, I'm all ears.

-Kevin

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome to the site...

I have a BC29 as well and love it. When you get yours up and running I will hook you up with a frag.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
You should go to Reefstock on March 10th. It may help
you decide what to put in your tank or give you some hardware
ideas.

Zooid;147420 said:
You should go to Reefstock on March 10th. It may help
you decide what to put in your tank or give you some hardware
ideas.
I actually wrote it on the calendar an hour ago. Have to check my work schedule, but I should be able to make it. I've never been to reef shows. Do they do any discounted live rock, or anything?

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome:)

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

AHHHH.. I'm livid. Some of you guys in the chat last night heard this... but this is the second biocube from petco.com that was broken. I'll try one more time, but then I'm getting a refund.