New skimmer... Lol

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I picked up the skimmer that will go on my new build, after we move of course. It is too funny not to share! Big thanks to Josh and will at premier for the screaming deal! I present the aqua-medic turboflotor 5000 "baby", lol!

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
According to aqua medic it is rated up to 1,300 gallons. It's about 4 feet tall, I'm half tempted to plumb it in now just for fun... Although I might have to mix up 10 gallons of saltwater to fill it, lol!

Last edited by a moderator:

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Dang!!!!! That thing is a Beast!!!!!

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Muuuaaaaahahahahaha!!!

How big is your tank gonna be when you get settled in after the big move?

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
A 29g biocube!.....Hopefully, around 400 with maybe another 100 fuge.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
For $80 I couldn't resist. I'm going to swing by aqua medic today and see how much the replacement parts I needed are going to cost to order from Germany.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Seth always teased me about my old school turboflotor 1000, this is almost the same skimmer except WAY bigger. I loved how well my old skimmer worked, so I'm excited about this one!!

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReeferMatt;361468 said:
Seth always teased me about my old school turboflotor 1000, this is almost the same skimmer except WAY bigger. I loved how well my old skimmer worked, so I'm excited about this one!!

Yah the turboflotor1000 is super jankey. But I cant dog on this. Its bigger than your kids :p

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
TheRealChrisBrown;361473 said:
LoL, you know what they say about a man and the size of his skimmer...
I've been trying to come up with a punchline all afternoon,but I got nothin! I know there is a joke in there somewhere!

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well, I stopped by Aqua Medic today and replaced all the missing gaskets and fittings for $60... Now I need to fight the urge to plumb this thing in and get it running, it is WAY too much skimmer for my tank!