New to MASC, and my attempt to upgrade & triple my size.

bgsca69

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hello everyone, I should take a quick second to introduce myself. I have been running a 29 g jbl nano-cube for about a year. I've had freshwater tanks off and on for years; after getting my feet wet & figuring out that it's not as hard as the hype...I'm hooked.
The current tank: jbj 29g nano-cube intermediate led (25 watt). The leds are all white, so upgrades there are 12" stunner strips. 1 magenta, 2 actinic blue 453, and 1uv 403. Media basket area's converted to a refugium & houses a small aqua gadget skimmer.
The new tank: 65g aqueon, Eshopps advance 100 sump/fuge, sicce 3.0 return pump, ai hydra 52, and an apex Controller with ais' wireless mod & orp probe.
Pics & progress to follow.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome. If you need help programming your Apex, I can definately help. I configure controllers for Xcel as part of my job, so Apex programming is a piece of cake for me.

Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe and not make messes in the house. -robert heinlein

bgsca69

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok pics; but first thank you to xjmav the stand is awsome. I just finished cleaning it and I redid the top. The bottom still needs a floor and the right side door is becoming a cabnet for the apex and other eletrical. 1st pic is the new top and tile. this is where the old overflow hole was in the back right. second and 3rd pic i've reclaimed the living room... waiting on a couple of more items to come in so I can start plumbing

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
:welcome: looking forward to seeing more of the build

bgsca69

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Okay, I didn't abandon my build, and I finally got a lot of my components that were back ordered (my canopy is the only piece that's Mia). The tank has been up and running for about a week and finished cycling last night. Time to transfer a couple of fish and cuc from the nano-cube tonight. I have some sea lettuce ulva in the refugium and I would like to add some chaeto. If anyone is trimming theirs I would love to have a clump.
On the lights I'm in the process of trying to program apex and explore the hydra 52 and all of its possibilities.
Once im up and fully running the new tank; my daughter has been looking at sea horses for awhile. .. the nano-cube seams like a great option for them. Pics to follow. .. Having problems loading from my phone.