New to MASC

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey everyone. My name is Jon. I am relatively new to reefing since i started my first saltwater tank about a year and a half ago, but I am picking things up pretty quick. Right now Ive got a 125 long that is fully automated with a neptune Apex and I have had great sucess keeping all types of coral all the way from zoanthids to acros. I am an electrical engineer for Xcel Energy in their substation department and have a lot of experience in utility scale control and automation. If you ever have a question reqarding automation, custom controls, or just want to know why your pump or light isnt working feel free to PM me with a link to your post.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
:welcome:

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

Glad you found us and decided to join us! BTW we love pics around here so...you should prob start a tank build/tracking thread :D

Matt_Arian

For Stuffing!
M.A.S.C Club Member
:yo:Welcome! Always glad to see another tinkerer in the crowd!

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
jahmic;297690 said:
Welcome!

I take it I can PM you for quicker service next time my power goes out? :p
Technically I could get your power back online since I have a key to almost every substation in Colorado, but I would never risk closing a breaker when there could be a lineman working on it. Full power outage youre on your own, but if you need help calculating backup battery or UPS size, setting up an emergency generator, etc. Im your man.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

GiraffeCat

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome.

Late,
GC :eek:nthego:

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
bienvenido - Look forward to seeing your pics. Any cool DIY's you could share would be great too.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
DyM;297858 said:
bienvenido - Look forward to seeing your pics. Any cool DIY's you could share would be great too.
Once summer rolls around I am planning on doing a couple articles on DIY I/O boxes for Apex and I am finalizing a modification to jebao pumps to allow their controller to still run else mode but be able to change the maximun intensity throughout the day (just need to buy the parts and test. Works flawless on paper).

The joy of engineering is to find a straight line on a double logarithmic graph.