New to MASC

Hello everyone My name is Allen.. new to MASC Live in the Springs have a small 16 gallon nuvo from innovative MarineIM Nuvo 16

HARDWARE
IM skimmate nano protein skimmer

IM ghost desktop skimmer
Fluval G3 Canister filter running
tri x cartridges, marine pure bio spheres, poly filter, chemipure elite, phosban
IM all in one reactor running NPX bio pellets
Magnifuge led
Tunze auto top off
Jebao RW4 wave maker

LIVE STOCK

cleaner shrimp
scarlet shrimp
pom pom crab
anemone crab
Duncan's
Over 20 various zooanthids and paly's
Purple tip torch
green hammer
Dendro
devils hand
green long polyp toadstool
Green finger leather
Yellow trumpets
Not sure what the center peice is looks like a fuzzy cactus
pink tip clove polyps
green star polyps
dragons breath macro algae

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
:welcome: looking good

yeah i thought i'd try the zeovit nano pack along with the ziofood and ziobak, seen some polyp extension some color difference fullness in Lps but nothing really to justify the price. normal daily dosing with b-ionic for calcium and alkalinity and aqua vitro ions for magnesium other products one teaspoon once a week include aqua vitro fuel, brightwells coral color, kent coral vite, kent molybdenum and strontium, and kent essential elements, I use Continuum bacter m if algae starts to kick up and it works great to loosen up algae to be blown off and sucked up with a turkey baster, and i used start smart to bring in some good bacteria to clean up that horrible algae bloom and to seed the reactor for the npx bio pellets. may be over kill but everything is doing well . i had a really bad playtoxin episode that killed all my fish my snails and nearly me as well.. fever shot up to 103.5 two separate times got chills couldn't breath convulsions freezing cold. glove up people, i had a scratch on my hand and paid the price twice. first time i thought it was the flu, felt like friggin ebola, next time i figured it out after googling it.

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome!!! Let us know when you are up north next time.

V

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

Wow killer tank!!!!!!!!!! That thing is awesome - yet another tiny tank that amazes me more than most big tanks I see. :p

Thanks.. its not without its headaches.. I work two full time jobs including an overnight. i worry everyday something is going to go wrong, because it certainly has..

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
hawaiianpunch;333917 said:
Thanks.. its not without its headaches.. I work two full time jobs including an overnight. i worry everyday something is going to go wrong, because it certainly has..
I know the feeling. I often go out of town for a couple weeks at a time and worry that things will go south while im gone. Thankfully I have an apex controller so that everything os automated and I can remotely monitor and and control my tank if anything goes awry. Might be worth looking into for yours as well.

yeah I've been looking for a controller that allows me to plug in my current led's (some chinese ebay brand) and allow me to add dosing, timing, temp, fan, etc, etc.. mostly looking for something to contra; my led's though without having to by a controller and led combo.. Any ideas?

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
hawaiianpunch;333963 said:
yeah I've been looking for a controller that allows me to plug in my current led's (some chinese ebay brand) and allow me to add dosing, timing, temp, fan, etc, etc.. mostly looking for something to contra; my led's though without having to by a controller and led combo.. Any ideas?
The apex and reefkeeper can both do everything you mentioned. You wont be able to ramp the intensity of the leds without a driver changeout, but you can do on/off control of timing plug and play. The apex is by far the better choice between the two, but comes at a higher price tag.

yeah.. been looking at the bluefish led controller for lighting and possibly the neptune apex for everything else.. don't have a lot of space and definately nothing under the tank, all my stuff is magnetized to my fridge to add a controller and a led control and breakout box I'm gonna need more magnets lol..