New to the Forum! but not to the hobby

Hey guys, I'm Taylor. I just recently moved to Fort Collins from Denver, and have been collecting bits and pieces for my new 125g setup! The tank itself has been running for almost three weeks now and everything seems to be going pretty good. I also have my IM nuvo38 that has been running for about a year and a half now, i will be selling as soon as the big tank is fully cycled.
As far as the 125g goes, I really wanted to hoard up all the equipment i could so that when it was time to set it up, it was just like putting together a big puzzle. The tank is 5' long, 18" deep and 22" tall with a 30g ruby red sump, bringing the total tank volume to about 155g. Return pumps, I'm using dual Aquatop SWP3600's pumping each is rated at 1056gph. Skimmer is a Bubble Magus Nac8 rated up to 211g. For lighting, I'm running two Ecotech gen3 Radion Pro's mounted on a custom 80/20 rail system (just like mr. saltwater tank did on his 375g build. I absolutely love this mounting solution). I have two basic Aqueon powerheads in the tank, one i epoxied to a small rock and stuck behind the rock-work in the back right corner. I also have one Mp10w. I'm in the market for a mp40 so that i can replace the bigger aqueon thats one the glass, and stick it in the back left corner like the other. I'm also in the process of trying to figure out a used apex controller i bought a month back from a man in HR. Bought thinking it was the standard apex module setup, got home and figured out it was the lite :frusty:
I have been having one problem. The tank has two corner overflows, running 1" drains in each to two 4"x14" felt filter socks, the problem is that the filter socks are overflowing into my skimmer section, and even my fuge section of my sump (picture attached). This is making my water very polluted with micro bubbles and almost making the entire tank look hazy. I realize i'm running pretty large return pumps, but am i really going to have to downsize to stop this from happening?
I look forward to chatting with all of you!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
:welcome: have you tried just removing the filter socks for the time being?

I have removed them a couple times for when I throw them in the wash to clean, but taking them off only creates more cloudiness and micro bubbles. I may try the mesh ones brs offers.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nice! This will be a great build. Make sure the rock you epoxy the pump to can be removed without bringing the whole structure down incase it dies or needs to be cleaned.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think I saw a craigslist add up in foco for an mp-40. I'll see if I can dig it up again.