Northern LFS?

neil82

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Have a friend interested in starting a tank and wants to explore LFSs up north by Longmont or Loveland. Any suggestions?

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Fish crew in Fort Collins and a animal attraction in Greeley. None in Loveland that I am aware of. Boulder has one or two still I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
There is a new one in Loveland called Poseidon's, but haven't been there yet (it's on 4th street in Downtown Loveland). I also like The Fish Crew in Ft. C.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have been to Poseidons. It has potential but it was more fish than corals when I went in.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't know any LFS up that direction, but if/when he gets into coral, gonzos is hands down the best up north.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

whyamisofly

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
zombie;n675053 said:
gonzos is hands down the best up north.
Absolutely!

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Gonzos os without a doubt among the best coral shop in the country. I don't think he's got much for a beginner or to set up a new tank. That's just not part of his business plan. Find a fish store that's willing to spend some time helping you put together a good system. Getting some stuff used is sometimes a good option too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dr.DiSilicate;675084 said:
Getting some stuff used is sometimes a good option too.
Agree 100% saves a ton of money and you get to pick the sellers brain for lots of good info and see in person how to set things up.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just went to Poseidons in Loveland. Really liked it. Big, lots of fish. Not much coral and looked like prices if they were accurate were pretty outrageous. But lots of fish I dont see as often. (Various chalk/lanter/ etc bass) Have a live jellyfish tank and have a octopus on order. Nice interior not dingy/hot/humid.

Roscoe

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Aqua imports in boulder Colorado and fish crew in ft collins. But if your interested in beginner corals I have a friend in Longmont