Office tank v2

monkey4life

Cleaner Shrimp
Starting this to track my office tank build. Will be starting with a bare 10g that will be a diy all in one. Goal is is 1 gallon water changes weekly, and a large ato with kalkwasser. Stock will hopefully be light with bright, easy corals.

monkey4life

Cleaner Shrimp
Thanks Guys. Waiting on the acrylic to come in, then its a bit of fabwork before getting the back panel together. Really liking the AI Prime. Very cool light and the interface is awesome.

monkey4life

Cleaner Shrimp
Back wall layout. Only thing I haven't decided on is how hight to have the return come out. Leaning towards a few inches from the water surface similar to a biocube.

Well, the 1/8" acrylic failed when drilling the lower holes, so I redid the main back wall with 1/4" acrylic. much sturdier. I also roughed up the back where the baffles were to be attached, and its a much stronger bond now. Looks like i'm right on track to get this going in the office this week. Only headache left is building the ATO, and making sure the wiring is clean enough for an office environment. I'll be using a Reefkeeper lite, and a basic powerstrip for power, still not sure what to keep all that in though.

Reefkeeper will have: heater, return, ATO, and wavemaker (the idea being I can shut down these for feedings/water changes using standby mode)

Skimmer will run 24/7, and the light is programmable so no need for anything special there.

Coming together. I have an in tank media basket ordered for the center chamber. Turns out a IM 24 has very similar dimensions. Next step will be to finish building the diy ato, find something to contain the reefkeeper pc4 and associated wiring, and cut a top for the 2.5g ato tank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Intank basket is here, but I'll need to take about half an inch off the bottom to fit it appropriately, as well as build a 'flow director' to match the basket.

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
monkey4life;638933 said:
Intank basket is here, but I'll need to take about half an inch off the bottom to fit it appropriately, as well as build a 'flow director' to match the basket.
It didn't come with one? Mine did. I almost missed it because it was in a little brown box in the top which I thought was just there for protection during shipping

JodiI;638944 said:
It didn't come with one? Mine did. I almost missed it because it was in a little brown box in the top which I thought was just there for protection during shipping
This one didn't include it as the original application didn't require it from what I understand.

We're wet!! I'll bring a live rock with a few palys and gsp on it to check and make sure everything is good to go tomorrow, then give it a week to get it all dialed in and the rest will be introduced sometime next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!

A few pounds of live rock with joker zoas, pink zippers, and a random mushroom to test it out. Need to get my ato finished as it eats a quart of water daily.