Ok I'm lost... CA and ALK

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
My thought is that for now, this would provide a more stable mixture and maybe cut back on the amount of additives I'll need... At least until the tank is more stocked and consumption increases. I've actually never gone through the process of switching salts. I assume, as with everything, slowly is the way to go. Just smaller water changes maybe more frequently?

Do you have a link for that scale?

Random, but just stumbled onto this and it seems pretty cool!

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/blog/pacific-suns-kore-5th-intelligent-doser-is-packed-with-features

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just drop the dry baking soda and calcium chloride into the sump/overflow every day (or more like every few days). This will get you by for quite some while, if not forever. With a fraction of a teaspoon, your tank will never even know the difference.

kutcha

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
i use a ATO system i have two 5 gallon buckets with ro/di water i put the measured amount of calc for my system into one bucket with some trace minerals and in the other bucket i add the measured amount of alk. i do this every refill as a total of 10 gallon ATO last a little over a week on my 40 breeder

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks like marine depot is sold out of the ESV salt... Any local stores able to get this in?

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
At first, yes. But as corals grow, more are added and the demands/consumption increases, dosing becomes necessary. I am well ahead of things here but trying to get an understanding of the topic for the future when it's needed