Open Source Reef Controller

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
k. well then ill post here when i get this started probably next week sometime. at least enought to control temp for now.

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
no i did not oreder a deal came up on some LEDs so i have been tenkering with them. its still in my to do list though. and i have been reading a crazy amount of build threads on it.

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
But i did run in to a few more questions. The Leds i got have the D drivers. is there a way to dim these using the arduino? i have found a few threads on it but not a parts list. id want basic ramp up and down features for at least 4 channels and then i have 3 constant drivers id want on off ability on

tlsrcs;161401 said:
But i did run in to a few more questions. The Leds i got have the D drivers. is there a way to dim these using the arduino? i have found a few threads on it but not a parts list. id want basic ramp up and down features for at least 4 channels and then i have 3 constant drivers id want on off ability on
The short answer is yes. You can do this with an Arduino. However, I have not moved to the LED controller portion of my project yet. That is coming soon so for now I have no parts list for you. I am sorry.

What have you got so far for schematics and code? I apologize if I didn't see it on your site earlier. I was browsing on my phone and it's hard to see things sometimes.

I'm not an EE or a web guy, but as a former network admin turned telecom guy I have a decent amount of scripting experience, and now I work on electronics for a living. I also know my way around eagleCAD.

Oh yeah, and I have a small collection of arduino boards. I made a couple IP weather stations a while back but I've probably lost the sketches by now. Anyway, PM me if you think I can be of use to your efforts. I'll probably send you an email or something too. Don't know how often you check this site.

keyland;190853 said:
What have you got so far for schematics and code? I apologize if I didn't see it on your site earlier. I was browsing on my phone and it's hard to see things sometimes.

I'm not an EE or a web guy, but as a former network admin turned telecom guy I have a decent amount of scripting experience, and now I work on electronics for a living. I also know my way around eagleCAD.

Oh yeah, and I have a small collection of arduino boards. I made a couple IP weather stations a while back but I've probably lost the sketches by now. Anyway, PM me if you think I can be of use to your efforts. I'll probably send you an email or something too. Don't know how often you check this site.
This project is gaining traction and a lot of works is being done to take it to the next level... A open source controller that really competes with the big players. I have pm'd you and I am glad you found your way to this thread.

Brandon