Opinions on type of nem

Been reading around on the forum and it seems that there is a lot of people asking the difference between a rainbow nem and sunburst. I'm looking for opinions on what this could be, it was presented to me as a sunburst.

Thank you for any and all input

Note this is under t5 lighting

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Since it fairly small it is kind of hard to tell. Looks like a nice rainbow atm but if it is a sunburst it will develop more yellow in the tips. Plus depending on lighting it can alter the colors as well

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Where did you get it? Sometimes when they are not colored up, the lineage, if you can trust it, is all that you have.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
IMO based purely on that picture I wouldn't guess it to be a sunburst but that not to say its not. Would you say that picture is an accurate color representation? It looks like it may have a tiny bit of yellow at the tips but really hard to tell for sure.

Whats important is if you like it and feel you payed a fair price. If that picture is a good example of how it really looks id be very careful about re-selling it or any clones as a Sunburst unless you can prove the lineage.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
That is the exact same nem as mine. No doubt about it. Its a rainbow, but who cares it its not actually a sunburst. Looks just as cool as a sunburst IMO.

Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe and not make messes in the house. -robert heinlein

Ghxst;301483 said:
It is a cool anemone, it looks ****sed off thou. Did you just get it?
When this picture was taken It was still fairly new to the tank, just curious what your seeing to say that it's looks ****ed?

ThunderTwonk;301430 said:
IMO based purely on that picture I wouldn't guess it to be a sunburst but that not to say its not. Would you say that picture is an accurate color representation? It looks like it may have a tiny bit of yellow at the tips but really hard to tell for sure.

Whats important is if you like it and feel you payed a fair price. If that picture is a good example of how it really looks id be very careful about re-selling it or any clones as a Sunburst unless you can prove the lineage.
The color in the picture is pretty accurate to the color of it, I have noticed that the color does and is starting to get a lil lighter at the very tips of it, not sure I would say that it's yellow, to hard to tell. Also like stated this is under t5 lighting, which I have seen 1st hand doesn't give the same color pop of intense leds

I appreciate everyone's input so far

SRT43R;301601 said:
When this picture was taken It was still fairly new to the tank, just curious what your seeing to say that it's looks ****ed?
Personal experiences with making nems angry :) It looks like my rainbow did when it was transferred, the tentacles stuck out instead of being flowing or bubbled. Tank condition changes will do this including tank establishment, lighting, flow and more.

Do you have a current pic?! They usually look different once they settle in.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ya I have a rainbow that I added to my tank recently and had also been looking ****ed off lately as well, hoping he perks up soon as they are really beautiful nems. I also have t5 lights but had an alk drop last week and have been slowly raising it back up, will be adding new bulbs and reflectors to lights, plus will be changing salts soon so just have to wait and see how he is once things get stabilized again.
I will say though that you have a nice nem there regardless of which kind it is, so if you satisfied with it then I wouldnt worry about it to much

Here is a more recent pic, if you look closely you can kind of see a color change, still insure about "yellow" though, regardless I am happy with it. I is just good to get a idea what it really could be so if it splits I know how to properly label it

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a few that look just like that.

When I got it, it was all red and I was told it was an RBTA. People come over and think it's a sunburst...I assume it's a rainbow.

When the time comes, sell it as a "beautiful nem" and name a fair price :p