1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Pest or Pod or Bristle worm?

Discussion in 'Pests and Possible Troublesome Inverts' started by Irishman, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Irishman

Irishman Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

Saw this on the tank at night. Quite a few of them actually even in the fuge.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Matt_Arian

Matt_Arian Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

Little early to tell, but that looks like a euclid/bobbit worm. Not something you want in your general population tank, imho. But, if you can trap one or two, I will buy them off of you, as I'm gearing up for doing some specimen tanks for weird, off-the-wall reef animals like this.

3. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Looks more like a medusa or peanut worm, which would be a good one to have. Bristle worms dont generally have the distinguished head like that.