Petco

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
So Petco fish always fascinate me. You never know what you are going to see in there. Today there was a 4" niger trigger, about a 4" sailfin tang and an unknown wrasse. Anyone know what he is? Prices seemed low but they always do...

Punjab

Angel Fish
People tend to rail on this company as a whole but I always go in there to see what they've got. A couple of my oldest, healthiest fish are from Petco.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Punjab;162703 said:
People tend to rail on this company as a whole but I always go in there to see what they've got. A couple of my oldest, healthiest fish are from Petco.
I got one of my coolest clowns from there.

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I agree. I just find it funny how often stuff is mislabeled and priced below market. You can definitely get some steals. That pink belly is not what it is listed as.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
fiji4118;162709 said:
I agree. I just find it funny how often stuff is mislabeled and priced below market. You can definitely get some steals. That pink belly is not what it is listed as.
You can definitely get some steals in the new coral flats they have going. They had a BIG pagoda cup last time I was in there marked for like $15 or something crazy.

HoosierDaddy

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
hurrafreak;162711 said:
You can definitely get some steals in the new coral flats they have going. They had a BIG pagoda cup last time I was in there marked for like $15 or something crazy.
Wait...did you just say coral flats? From Petco?

The one here in Fort Collins has a coral tank set up again. It's pretty nice too. They've got a myriad of SPS and LPS. I picked up an orange eye leptastrea a couple weeks ago.
Way better than what they were trying to make happen a few years ago.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I got a maxima from the PETCO on 92nd for $15, and if their coral isn't doing so well, they'll sell it to you for $7... I got a sweet brain coral that way!

HoosierDaddy

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
SteveT;162755 said:
There is a Petco on 88th and Wads that I stop by occasionaly because they have a little coral flat with some cool stuff in it. 2 of my favorite SPS came from there...That's right I said SPS and petco in the same post.
LOL...learn something new everyday.

jagermeister

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
and if their coral isn't doing so well, they'll sell it to you for $7... I got a sweet brain coral that way!
I asked at the 88th Petco if they give discounts on corals not doing well and the guy got visibly mad, said no, and walked away......

They get ORA sps in but it's way over priced (imo) and after a week or so sitting in their flat they brown out and start stn'ing.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Punjab;162703 said:
I got one of my Purple tangs there back in the day, $40. That will never happen again!

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Some Petcos are better than others, the one on 120th is the best one I've seen in the metro area. However the one off of North Powers in colorado Springs is by far the best I have seen for Saltwater and Corals. I have not been in the one in FOCO, YET!