Places to go for scuba or snorkeling!

andrew

Butterfly Fish
What are some great places that are tourist freindly and set up nicely with the capability to travel well, find food, guides, travel easy in the Caribbean area. want a place were there is a plethora of coral and nice easy scuba or snorkeling where the you can easily see the reef. also where there are places were you don't have to go far out to see it, just stuff inshore and where the water is shallow would be great too. we were thinking about Virgin islands, What do you think of that?

This is obviously an older post but we go to Cozumel a couple times a year. We've stayed at Hotel Cozumel and the Park Royal. I'd recommend either but we like the Park Royal a bit more because of the sea side swim up pool bars. We don't have kids but both resorts had kids clubs and it seemed that families were really enjoying themselves.

The advantage of the Hotel Cozumel is that it's within walking distance to the main town area however the buffet food wasn't that great. The pool side snack bar had amazing tacos and options.

The advantage of the Park Royal is the buffet food is incredible but the pool side food options were very limited and you have to cab it into town. It does have 2 nice restaurant options but we haven't tried those yet.

Cozumel is an amazingly safe vacation place that's very inexpensive. It's not uncommon to see single women jogging at night.

And the diving! Every time we go back, we see something new and amazing. There's so much under the water that we still haven't seen yet.

So yeah, if you are planning a Caribbean vacation, check out Cozumel.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hands down, Bonaire was the best. Next to Aruba, entire coastline is a marine preserve (has been for decades), and pretty gorgeous when you're facedown in the water.

Unfortunately, I've always been too broke to afford lessons/certification for scuba diving but I really enjoy free-diving :D A good place to go is the Cayman Islands.