Planning on DIY 6.2 gallon cube, couple questions

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey all, I am planning on doing a really slow build up but I am wondering some things.

1. Will lowes single strength glass hold the water back, or should I use something more thick?
2. The tank will be 12x12x10 all in inches and the order is L x W x H, what should I use to light it? Would a 9 watt LED be enough for some zoas and other easy corals?
3. What filter and powerhead should I use in it to be enough flow?

Just a few questions and I am planning on doing this tank, but it may take a month or more to get it up and running, as I am still getting my 40 breeder going. So just let me know what you guys all think about these questions

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
The new fluval edge is 6 or 12 gal. Petco had them for $90 the other day. Might be easier to mod one of those to meet your needs. I've loved mine and even set it back up for a few fish that had been picked on by larger ones.

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Come over sometime with a 10g and we will make one. If you got a frag of something that would be cool but not necessary

matt.radich

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
hmm I may do that, I am not quite given up on the 10 gallon I started, because I almost got off one panel without breaking it...yet lol. But tyson I may take you up on that sometime in the future.