1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Please Help ID (pic)

Discussion in 'Pests and Possible Troublesome Inverts' started by Caspertheghost, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Caspertheghost

Caspertheghost Copepod

This has been growing a piece of LR I purchased about 2 months ago. Seems to me that it's a Zoanthid, but I can't find any similar pictures like it. Not sure if a Pest or just a Hitchhiker. Thanks in Advance everyone!

[​IMG]

Tried to get as good of a Shot as possible with Cell Phone. The tips of the feelers are Phosphorescent in Green.

2. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

Mojano anemone they are a pest and will spread if not delt with.

sethsolomon likes this.
  3. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

Pest! Kalkwasser paste it.

sethsolomon likes this.
  4. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

+1 Kill it with Fire! or in this case Kalkwasser

sethsolomon likes this.
  5. Caspertheghost

Caspertheghost Copepod

If anyone wants it, they can have lol. It's pretty.

6. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Ya it is kind of sad that those can spread like wildfire and take over a tank in a short amount of time, because they do have beautiful coloring

7. Caspertheghost

Caspertheghost Copepod

I don't have any Kalk or aphasia x

8. aquarius

aquarius Copepod

Boiling water may do the trick but honestly if it's just the one I'd pull it off by hand. Unlike Aiptasia anemones that will spread like wildfire if even just a piece is left, Majano anemones have a hard pedal disc that you should be able to get under the edge of and peel it right off.

9. aquarius

aquarius Copepod

Lemon juice is also an option.

sethsolomon likes this.
  10. Caspertheghost

Caspertheghost Copepod

I think I will just have to manually remove it.

One last question: do you guys see the small red leafy macroalgae in the pic that is just above the Majano? Wondering if that is a bad type of algae