PLEASE HELP if you can!!

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
My best friend Andrew Muck many of you probably have seen him with me at meetings needs it. Hes not on the forums but is into saltwater. In eary december he blacked out at work and hit his head and started having siezures and lost his ability to walk and be alone they still cant find out what the cause of his siezures and not being able to walk. He cant work and medical bills are in the $10_20k out of pocket range and hes getting them in the mail regularly. Im putting together a fundraiser and raffle for him on if you can donate items to raffle or participate in the raffle it would help tremendously. The raffle and event will be

april 12th at park center bar and grill
(120th & pecos) 1pm-5pm

Some info on him

http://www.gofundme.com/andrewmuck

ABOUT THIS CAMPAIGN
Andrew Muck is a 28 year old father and newly married man who recently passed out at work and hit his head. He was unconscious for about twelve minutes and was rushed to the hospital where they performed various tests and scans including MRI, CT, Angiogram and several spinal taps. Andrew began having seizures but no one knew why, so he was transferred to another hospital so that he might receive more specialized care. However, they too couldn't find a reason for what triggered his passing out or what caused his seizures - which by the end of the week had totaled 150. Andrew was released from the hospital* without any decision as to what the cause was besides stress. He was told that they would send a Physical Therapist over to help with is walking, since he can't do so without assistance. His legs and feet are like jello and he says they constantly tingle. He is considered a “high fall risk” and cannot leave his house, which means he cannot work and is on short term disability. Last Friday, January 9th he woke up with severe swelling and pain in his right eye, so he was taken to the emergency room, and he had a seizure during the car ride over. They performed another MRI on his brain and spinal cord because of the recent history but was told that everything was okay. He saw an eye doctor the next day who gave him both antibiotics and drops for a bacterial infection she thought he had, but told him that he might need to see a retinal surgeon if it didn't clear up.
Two days later he was headed back to the hospital due to chest pains. There they discovered he didn't have an eye infection, but a rip in his eye, probably from either the fall or the seizures. He is seeing a Neurologisttoday*and is trying to stay positive on the outcome.

Andrew's bills are now showing up and he still doesn't have a lot of answers. The stress that has been induced because of those two things are weighing on him quite heavily. We would all love Andrew to focus on getting well and not the financial burden that is knocking on his door. We are asking you to join us with prayers for both Andrew and the doctors involved, as well as any financial support you are willing to provide as his medical team tries to figure this out - for him, his wife & daughter

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Will know more this week so far

Cornwell tools

brand new deep blue professional 34 gallon rimless frag tank

629 Salon gift cards

CAT novelties

Visa gift cards

Returant gift cards

New on the market car jump pack

Pluss more ill get a complete list later tgis week as I recieve items

Hopefully I can get some of the sponsors to throw in some gift cards

I will be selling alot of coral here in the next week or two with all money going to him

Last edited by a moderator:

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I'll be helping out in one fashion or another as well!!!! Hope his health improves soon! Let me know if I can help with anything specific Craig

SeaMonkey

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hope your friend gets better. I don't have much to donate right now but would possible get some corals or raffle items. Plus gives me a reason to finally come see your tanks.

jbanman14

Cleaner Shrimp
I have a handful of zoas i was going to sell, nice types. If you get a coral pack together or any kind of coral fundraiser you can have them all.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks for the support guys. I think ive pmed or talked to everyone. It really means alot that you guys do this

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't think I'll be able to make it...I'm in NC that week. Can you let me know if that restaurant sells gift cards? I'll throw in one to add to the raffle items if nobody has thought of that yet :)

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
jahmic;344688 said:
I don't think I'll be able to make it...I'm in NC that week. Can you let me know if that restaurant sells gift cards? I'll throw in one to add to the raffle items if nobody has thought of that yet :)
Ill pm you

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wow thank to Nick at ambrosio aquatics we will have a brand new deep blue professional 34 gallon rimless. Frag tank!!!

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
You should also consider running a crowd share using a site like GoFundme.com. They can be very successful and links easily with Facebook.