Please I.d. The white dots on my fish

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ich, that queen angel is gonna need a big ( ! ) tank.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
All the fish appear to have ich and need to be treated if you have any hopes in saving them. You need to not add anymore fish to the tank until you have this completely under wraps. Every fish you add to the tank until the tank is completely cured of the ich (it will be a several month battle) will most likely fall victim to the parasite. * Simply removing the sick fish will not cure the tank from ich as the cysts that fall off into the sand start the cycle all over again. YOU NEED TO NOT ADD ANYMORE FISH TO YOUR SYSTEM FOR SEVERAL SEVERAL MONTHS UNTIL THE ICH HAS GONE THROUGH A COMPLETE CYCLE WITH NO FISH TO REPOPULATE. THIS CAN TAKE UP TO 60-72 DAYS TO COMPLETE SO YOU WILL NEED TO BE PATIENT AND READ READ READ ON METHODS OF CURING. ALSO I HIGHLY RECOMMEND A QUARANTINE TANK FOR EVERY FISH YOU PLAN TO ADD IN THE FUTURE.

THIS IS A GREAT ARTICLE TO START WITH: http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/fish-diseases-treatments/23132-marine-ich-myths-facts.html

Last edited by a moderator:

caseyholland

Cleaner Shrimp
I have a bottle of No-Ich that I'll give you for $10. It is reef safe and will not kill coral or other invertebrates.
I have used it on my aquarium when I got some fish from d&g pets that infected my aquarium.
I also used it for my friends tank.
It was $47 for the bottle and there is about half left.
There are only a couple medications that are reef safe.
I live in ft. Collins and work in longmont on I-25. If you want it let me know. But you need to act fast if you want to save your fish. If you run a UV sterilizer with it, it could clear up fairly quickly. I also have a cheap sterilizer I could give you with the medication.

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
You really need to slow down and do a lot of reading then ask questions then read some more about this hobby or you are just going to have problem after problem

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
CRW Reef;313443 said:
All the fish appear to have ich and need to be treated if you have any hopes in saving them. You need to not add anymore fish to the tank until you have this completely under wraps. Every fish you add to the tank until the tank is completely cured of the ich (wil lbe a several month battle) will most likely fall victim. * Simply removing the sick fish will not cure the tank from ich as the cysts that fall off into the sand start the cycle all over again. YOU NEED TO NOT ADD ANYMORE FISH TO YOUR SYSTEM FOR SEVERAL SEVERAL MONTHS UNTIL THE ICH HAS GONE THROUGH A COMPLETE CYCLE WITH NO FISH TO REPOPULATE. THIS CAN TAKE UP TO 60-72 DAYS TO COMPLETE SO YOU WILL NEED TO BE PATIENT AND READ READ READ ON METHODS OF CURING. ALSO I HIGHLY RECOMMEND A QUARANTINE TANK FOR EVERY FISH YOU PLAN TO ADD IN THE FUTURE.

THIS IS A GREAT ARTICLE TO START WITH: http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/fish-diseases-treatments/23132-marine-ich-myths-facts.html
+100

I've done some research and it said make it 85° and it will kill the ich but not the fish and ima try that but I'm heating the water slowly

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
High Plains Reefer;313475 said:
you need a copper test kit as well do not do this in a tank with rock and sand
+1 make sure to get a copper test kit too (seachem) one of the better imo, or you will likely kill the fish from overdosing. You need to test daily to make sure it stays at an exact ppm

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Munch;313479 said:
Do you have a QT tank setup?
+1. If you dont have one, get one. I have just changed my policy from quarantine almost every fish before it gets into my display to quarantine EVERY fish before it goes in the display. I lost 2 of my 13 fish in 3 days from velvet. I personally wouldnt trust any medication that is "reef safe" with coral. Most of them just drop the trophonts off the fish making you think that the problem is gone and it will make its appearance yeat again in the coming months.