Plumbing ideas...smaller than 1/2"?

SquidBreath

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey all...
Was wondering if anyone had done any plumbing with smaller than 1/2" rigid pvc, or similar? Saw some stuff called Shark Bite that looks like an oversized John Guest fitting...has anyone used this or a similar product for plumbing?

I am specifically looking for a small-diameter modular pvc type system, to to do some spot - flow kinda stuff, but the smallest PVC type rigid line I can seem to find it 1/2" CPVC...and I wanted to go smaller--but not RODI small...

Any input much appreciated! :)
Thanks
Dave

I think you can do a 3/8 system with shark bites. I have used a lot of them before and am impressed everytime. Cool product. However I have not done anything smaller that 1/2 with them. If you want I could ask at some of my supply shops and see whats out there for ya.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Why not poly tubing? Think RO, but not 1/4 size. HD sells it in precut sections, Lowes cuts to size. I'm sure you can get the plastic john guest fittings, as opposed to sharkbite (which is brass if I'm not mistaken).

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

SquidBreath

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
3/8in would be just the right size...and I love the ease of the John Guest stuff...
I have not used poly before...great idea, thanks!

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;212323 said:
Why not poly tubing? Think RO, but not 1/4 size. HD sells it in precut sections, Lowes cuts to size. I'm sure you can get the plastic john guest fittings, as opposed to sharkbite (which is brass if I'm not mistaken).

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

+1 the sharkbites work great but even the non brass fittings they make still use metal "teeth" to lock the piping in place which im not sure would hold up well to salt.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
You know the john guest fitting do as well I suppose. So maybe that wouldn't matter. The teeth would have to stainless so even if it did rust a little bit shouldn't be enough to cause a problem.