1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Pondering what to do

Discussion in 'Digital Aquatics' started by asn-naso, Jan 29, 2015.

1. asn-naso

asn-naso Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

I have
    - RKE on my display tank (with Net Module), SL1, and float switches for ATO.
    - RKL on my nano. - I am using a JBJ ATO on this tank

I also have spare:
    - 2 extra PC4'
    - 1 SL1
    - 1 ALC

Then today, I purchased Austin's RKE (wihtout the net). It has
    - RKE
    - SL1
    - 2 PC4's

I was going to use the new RKE to manage the nano, and also the frag tank I have sitting here, waiting to be setup. I could also use the SL1 for ATO's for both tanks. Sounds pretty simple, I just need to buy another temp prob (or can I use the one from the RKL??)

But then I thought. Couldn't I make a 20 foot cord, and just run everything off of my display tank's RKE? If so, will that complicate things, or possible put my DT at risk? I see benefits to separating it out, but also to keeping it together.

Thoughts????

2. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

Running them off one rke would be awesome keep things simple. When I getmine up again I'm gona do some consaladating between systems.

3. asn-naso

asn-naso Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

FWIW, I ended up making a 25+ foot cable, and connected everything together. Here is a pic of my main screen, if anyone is interested.

[attachment=68591:name]

Attached Files:

4. DyM

DyM Sardine M.A.S.C Club Member

I know RKE is different in a lot of ways to the Apex, but they basically do the same thing and I was at one point in a similar situation as you. I decided to run everything off one, and in hind sight it was a good decision. Less to manage and everything in one interface.